Friday, February 21, 2014

50/50 chance

Before we started trying to have kids Weston would say he wanted a girl first because he had a girl first in his family and I wanted a boy first because we had a boy first in mine. I felt like I was going to have a girl though, but that could have just been because I wanted to dress up a little girl. Once we found out Rachel was having another girl, Weston really wanted to have a boy since it would be the first on his side of the family. I heard about people being told what they were having at 12 weeks, but it was usually an 80 percent chance. I read about it and there was a way of maybe telling, but you had to get the perfect image so I figured 14 weeks would be the soonest I wouldn't be able to tell myself. Weston wasn't really expecting to be there when I found out because I was checking myself once a week anyway. I kept telling him I was pretty sure it was going to be a girl and he would tell me I needed to "will it to be a boy." Haha it's his little guys that determine what we have not my willingness to produce a boy or a girl. He makes me laugh. Anyway, at 12 weeks 6 days I set the transducer down and couldn't believe I was seeing what we were having. I text Weston and asked if I could have my co worker look without him there and he said that was fine. When she scanned me, and 2 other techs verified, I was pretty sure about what we were having. Weston wanted to wait until we were really sure to tell our families, but I couldn't hold in the excitement. We are having a.... BOY!!!!
The little triangle in the middle is a boy part!

When people would ask me what I was having I would tell them I was pretty sure it was a boy, but I wanted to wait until I had my official ultrasound to say for sure. At 21 weeks, on Valentine's day, we officially found out we were having a baby boy. He was out and ready to show us all that he was boy too :) I already started buying things here and there for the baby and a friend of mine gave me a ton of baby boy clothes. We are so excited to meet this little guy. I started really feeling him kick between 21 and 22 weeks. Weston placed his hand on my belly a couple days ago and right as he did baby boy kicked. It was so amazing to have Weston feel what I was felling.

 15 weeks

Big lips like Daddy

 20 weeks

 Ready to show us he's a boy!

 21 weeks

22 weeks

1 comment:

debdurham52@gmail.com said...

Yay!!! Another grandson! Can't wait!!!