Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What to do?!

As you all know I have desperately been trying to find an ultrasound job now that I passed my national board exams. I have applied everywhere, but I would love to move to Phoenix I decided. Well, I got a call before I went to Virginia to interview in Kingman Arizona. It is about an hour and half outside of vegas on the way to Phoenix. When I got home from Virginia I set up to have my interview yesterday. I drove out and started the interview at ten in the morning at Kingman Regional Medical Center. I had to sit with three of the imaging managers while they asked me questions, then I went on a tour of the facility and had to scan for the ultrasound manager. I wasn't too nervous, but I did feel a bit intimidated when they started talking about benefits and me moving out there. I would have to work Friday, Saturday, Sunday from 7am to 7pm and I would take the On Call shifts for Friday and Saturday nights. That would leave my weekdays open to go home if I wanted. At the end of the interview, almost three hours later, they offered me the position. They offered me full benefits and more than I could have hoped for starting out pay. WHAT DO I DO!? The cons are the that I would have to move to Kingman, have no life and work on Sundays. The pros are the pay and the experience I will gain being in a hospital. Then, as I was driving home I received a call from the outpatient center I want to work for in Vegas. The manager said the position was approved, but has to wait for them to post it online in order to interview me. He said when the recruiter calls he is going to tell him he already has someone in mind and not to call anyone else who applies. But, it could take up to two weeks for them to post this position I want. I feel bad making Kingman wait two weeks for my answer without knowing for sure if I will even get the job in Vegas. My mind is going crazy right now. It is all coming in at once and I hope I make the right decision. Keep me in your prayers that I will know what to do!