Saturday, April 5, 2014

23-28 weeks

I have learned it is true when people say you forget about the bad symptoms of being pregnant and that is why so many women get pregnant again. The nausea in the first trimester seems like a distant memory and doesn't seem as bad when I think about it as I'm sure it was at the time. Around 24 weeks I started having sharp pains deep in my left butt cheek every time I walked. I wasn't sure what it was, but hoped I would be able to get through it and keep working. Each time I get a bad symptom of pregnancy I wonder how long I will be able to handle it. The pain when I walk has subsided though and I just feel a twinge of pain if I stretch my leg out a certain way. Now at 28 weeks I can't tell if I have ankles anymore and I hope it doesn't last the next 12 weeks.

I haven't had any crazy cravings that I have to have everyday, just a craving for something at the moment and then it is gone once I fulfill it. I did really want cheeto puffs for awhile, but they are a very bad choice because I can eat a whole bag in 2 days. Honeycrisp apples taste so good to me, but they are so expensive! I am trying to eat more fruit, make dinner instead of going out, and incorporate more vegetables into our dinners. I still feel pretty picky when it comes to my food choices though, which makes it hard to eat really healthy. We go on walks every so often and I walk a lot at work, but after work I am so tired I never want to go to the gym. I know my body needs it so my labor is not as bad, but it is really hard to get this pregnant belly off the couch after work.

I had another ultrasound at 23 weeks because my previous ultrasound didn't see the sacral spine very well. It was fun to have the ultrasound tech take more pictures and really explain what she was looking at since she knows I am an ultrasound tech too. Before I got pregnant Weston and I said we didn't want 3D pictures because they are creepy looking, but since I was further along with this second ultrasound baby boy didn't look scary at all.

Baby boy didn't want his picture taken



Me and Weston after we were born. Who is baby boy going to look like?

Weston's spring break was the third week in March this year so I took off a couple of days from work so we could go on a small vacation. We stayed at the Mt. Charleston Lodge Tuesday night. We ate steak and salmon for dinner and a really yummy breakfast the next day. It was beautiful up there and very quiet since we went in the middle of the week. That afternoon we left Mt. Charleston and drove to Irvine, CA. When we got to Irvine we checked in at our hotel and then went to Pick up Stix for dinner. Whenever we go out of town I always think about where we are going to eat because Vegas doesn't have all the places to eat that California does. I love Pick up Stix and it tasted so good! Thursday we were going to go to Catalina Island and just explore, but it was really expensive to take the ferry over there so Weston wanted to find something else to do. We found a french bistro that was supposed to have really good french toast for breakfast, but we got there too late and they had stopped serving breakfast. I told Weston we should find a Dominican restaurant to eat lunch at since they probably had one in So. California. We found one in Bellflower and decided to head there to eat lunch. Weston had a hard time deciding what to eat because there were so many things he wanted to eat. We were stuffed after lunch and decided to go to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach. Weston said it was the best aquarium he has ever been to. We got to touch jelly fish and sharks and watch a show with sea lions and seals. After the Aquarium we took the ferry over to Balboa island. We played in the arcade and ate shaved ice. We went back to the hotel before dinner then headed to The Counter. It is a gourmet burger place we went to last summer with Weston's family and Weston wanted to eat there again. It was delicious! We wanted to see a movie after, but there was nothing playing at the cheap theater that we both wanted to see so we went back to the hotel pool again. Friday morning we ate a Ihop for breakfast, then headed to Newport Beach. We rented beach cruisers and rode up to the pier and back. We headed home afterwards and stopped in Hespia at a philly steak place for lunch. I was so tired when we got home, but it was so nice to get away and spend time just the two of us. Weston is definitely my favorite person to spend time with :)





April 4th my friend and coworker Katie had her wedding out at the Pauite golf course. It was a beautiful wedding and I actually felt pretty and pregnant. I couldn't wear the new wedges I bought though because my feet began to swell up that morning.


No comments: