Prom pose :)
August:
We celebrated Weston's birthday and he started a new semester of school. Just work, work, work for me.
September:
We celebrated my birthday. Weston surprised me with couple's massages and taking me to pick out a new purse. We ate dinner at the Orleans, went bowling, and then since that wasn't enough, decided to see a movie because we weren't ready to go home.
October:
We went up to Utah for General Conference and Weston's mission reunion. We celebrated Grandma's 80th birthday and Hannah's birthday. The weekend after we drove down to Huntington Beach to watch the AVP volleyball championships. It actually wasn't as big of a deal as I thought it would be, but we had fun playing on the beach and road tripping together. We found a house that we both agreed on and decided was a great starter house. Unfortunately, it is a short sale so we hurry up and wait as our agent always says.
November:
We celebrated our 6 month anniversary by going out to eat and playing volleyball. The townhouse we are living in has sold and we will have to move by the end of the month. We decided to move back in with Mom and Pop until we hear about the house we put an offer on. Hopefully, it won't be more than a couple months, but we are grateful we have a place to live and that we have been able to stay in this townhouse for so cheap the first 7 months of our marriage.
Next month we are going to the Dominican Republic and I am getting nervous. This is my first trip out of the country, but I am excited to be in New York on our way there so we can see the big Christmas tree. We are staying at the temple the first couple of days while we visit the different areas Weston served in and then off to a resort in Punta Cana! Hopefully it doesn't rain and we get to enjoy the nice weather. I am still working and grateful to have a job that provides us with so much so early on in our marriage. We both realize how lucky we are to not have the struggle of money the first year of our marriage. Weston is still working as a dental assistant at a pediatric office and loves it. He works just enough to keep up his skills and we like it that way. He is doing really well in his classes this semester and amazes me every time he gets an A on a test in Physics (I hated that class and was just glad I passed with a C- in part 1 and 2) People always ask if I am still in love and how I like marriage.Of course we are still in love! Adjusting to marriage has not been difficult for us and I fall more in love with Weston every day. I feel so blessed to be married to my best friend and I know I found him, in the most part, because of Mom and Pop's diligent, loving prayers.
3 comments:
so sad we're not going to be neighbors!
Yay, an update!!! I guess we won't be empty nesters anymore with you, Weston, AND Kylie moving back. Should be interesting... haha
Love, Mom
Finally an update. And a good one too! I didn't know you were moving back in with mom and pop. They'll have a full house again. Hopefully you won't have to wait so long for the house and everything goes smoothly with it. Love you!
Post a Comment