Sunday, August 21, 2011
Weston's Birthday
I really wanted to make Weston's birthday special this year. I requested off work so we could have the whole day together. I have a problem with present buying. I tend to want to buy a lot of gifts for birthdays. We are very blessed right now with our jobs and I was able to buy Weston some large gifts this year. I told him it probably won't ever be this big again. I got him a transformer pinata, a new book he wanted, a gun cleaning kit, earmuffs, and a 12 gauge shotgun. I was very against buying a gun because I grew up with no guns in my home. I think because I can't say no to Weston I caved and bought him one. The only condition is that he has to keep it at his parents when we have children. For breakfast, at 11:30am since we both slept in, we went to Hash House A Go Go. I had heard it was really good and wanted to try something new. It didn't really impress either of us as much as I was hoping, but it was still fun to experience it. I bought two all day passes on Groupon for Gameworks a month ago and decided we would spend our day there for Weston's birthday. He told me in the past that he really liked to play there so I did my best to enjoy all the shooting games. We were getting a little tired and still had a couple hours before dinner so we went to the Fashion Show mall to look at some shoes Weston has been wanting since his mission. He found his Puma Ducatis at the Puma store. They were a little over the limit I had set, but I gave in since it was his birthday and he got a free backpack with them. We headed over to the Hilton for dinner at Benihana. Weston wanted to try something he never had before for his birthday dinner. It was a little pricey, but such a fun experience! After dinner we headed over to the Luxor to see the Bodies Exhibition. Weston had commented about wanted to see it and even though I already had it was fun to see it again. We went to dessert at Serendipity 3 at Ceasars Palace for their frozen hot chocolate. Weston loves to get frozen hot chocolate at Dairy Queen so I thought it would be fun to try it there since we were already on the strip. It was a long day, but worth it because my husband was happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, that was a great birthday! Happy birthday to Weston! Thanks for coming to dinner last night. We had fun!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment