I came up to Utah on September 9 and immediately started working on the 10th at the American Fork Fitness Center as a Head Guard. I basically just sit around and tell the other lifeguards what to do, check chemicals in the pool, and go on stand occasionally. I tell my manager, Joey, all the time that he is so lucky to have me as a Head Guard because I get things done for him and I have the most customer service experience. He knows he is lucky, I just think I should remind him every once in awhile (or every day!). By the way pop made me two supervisor shirts and a hoodie because you have to pay for them in AF. I was so spoiled in Henderson where they gave you everything. Thanks pop, I love you!
After about two weeks of being up here and trying to find a second job, Katie and Mark told me that Kneaders had a sign up saying they Kneaded people to work for them. Seriously, the paper on the door said "Knead a job? We Knead you!" So I went down to the Kneaders in Provo and they told me I had to apply online. So, I drove back home and applied that night. The next morning I got a call from Colleen, the owner of the Kneaders in Orem/Lindon. She left me a message saying how much she loved my family and she was so excited to meet me and that I was hired! I didnt even have to interview, she just told me that she told the General Manager of the store to hire me. I called her back and she told me to come in the next week to start training. I work on Monday, Wednesday, Friday nights until close. I have been working for a week so far and I really like making the sandwiches, but the first night I was there I had to do dishes for 2 hours!
As I was saying before, I have NO life. I usually work at the pool anywhere from 8 to 11 in the morning until 4:30 on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and then I head to Lindon to work at Kneaders until close which usually ends up being 11 o' clock at night. My days off vary at the pool so sometimes I will get one of those three days off so I don't have to work both jobs. I am starting to feel the exhaustion when I come home at night, but I'm sure my body will begin to get used to it. Many of you may think I am crazy, but I chose to work both jobs and I have nothing else to do while I am up here so I might as well be earning money. (Speaking of earning money, I still have not gotten paid by the pool which I have been working at for 4 weeks now! That will be on the next post when hopefully I will have gotten paid already!)


6 comments:
You look so cute in your work uniforms, Chelsea! The photographer did a good job. :)
What a hottie! If you don't get paid soon you better check into it. I'm glad you posted. Keep it up!
I'm glad you found another job. Bring me a sandwich next time you come home. Kneaders is my absolute favorite!
Man, sounds like you are crazy busy! Hopefully you will get that paycheck soon! Then it will all be worth it. Good luck keeping up with your two jobs!
I could go for a Kneaders right now. Turkey on foccacia (sp?) lettuce, provolone and Kneaders dressing on the side, please. :)
What a cute little worker you are! I remember my Kneaders days... it was also my second job. You've always been a hard worker, Chelsea. Keep it up!
It was good to talk to you tonight... XOXO
I got an account just to comment..could you look any cuter?!
Post a Comment