My birthday was not what I expected when I turned 21, but it was still fun. My best friend Courtney came up on Thursday night to surprise me and stayed until Sunday morning. We went shopping and to an Indie music and film festival. It made my birthday more special because she came up to see me.
Since my birthday was on a Sunday this year, Katie and I decided we would just have dinner at her house with her family and Kylie. Well, Spencer Mark decided to pop out into the world on Friday and I know Katie was worried about having the baby right before my birthday. It was a nice birthday surprise and he is the cutest baby! Grandma and Grandpa were nice enough to bring over chicken squares and a cake for my birthday. That night I really began to miss my friends and family in Las Vegas.
Monday I had to work, so we went out to eat for my birthday when I got home. Katie stayed home with Spencer, so Mark, Emma, Hannah, Kylie and I all went to Fuddruckers. Mom was nice enough to send extra money for my birthday dinner, which we used that night. While I was at work, Mark went to pick up the ice cream cake Mom had pre-ordered from Dairy Queen. He went into the store and the kid working was the only one there and doing the drive through and the counter. Mark asked for my cake and the kid took 20 minutes in the back getting it. When he brought it out Mark told me he asked the kid if the cake was a joke. See, mom had ordered a cake with flowers and it to say Happy 21st Birthday Chelsea. It turns out no one ever made my cake, so the kid wrote Happy 21st Birtday Chesey (yes exactly as I typed it!) on whatever cake he could find in the back. When they first told me the story I laughed, but when I saw the cake I felt like crying. Finally I decided the cake would taste the same whether it had the right thing on it or not.
Hopefully next year my birthday will be a little better. Thank you to everyone who called to wish me a Happy Birthday and Katie and her family for still making my day special!
My birthday cake :)
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Sorry about the cake, but that is so funny! I am still laughing out loud right now as I type because of that spelling. You should've went back and told them what happened and gotten another cake. Oh, well. I'm glad you have some family with you to help celebrate. It's not fun when NO family is around. Happy Birthday, Chels! We love you!!
Mark wouldnt take the cake at first, then he decided he wouldnt be able to find another ice cream cake anywhere. So he went back in and got it. When they complained to the manager the next day he acted like it was no big deal...customer service people these days!
I can't believe the manager acted like it was no big deal!! Those cakes aren't cheap and to get something like THAT is ridiculous. Seriously. Funny, yes. But, they should have given you another one ... or at least a scoop of ice cream. Lame!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHELSEA!!
Well Mark got the money back and when he went back in to get the cake he told the kid he would him ten bucks for it. The kid was going to give it to him for free, but Mark felt bad and gave him the ten. So we got a 20 dollar cake half off!
Chelsea, dear, I'm sorry your birthday cake turned out so BAD!!! I'm glad you were a good sport.........and that Mark got it for 50% off!!! Gramps said he should have gotten it for FREE!! I hope my chocolate bundt cake on Sunday made up for it! We love you pretty, darling 21 year old granddaughter, Chelsea!!
That Dairy Queen is lucky I wasn't the one to pick up the cake because I would have been REALLY MAD!! I must admit, though, that after the initial shock wore off when I saw the picture Katie sent to me, that I did think it was pretty funny! Happy Birthday, Chelsea! We love you!!
Hey Chelsea! Welcome back to the world of blogging! That sucks about your cake! haha, what a weird thing to happen. Anyway, happy belated birthday.
Chelsea...every time I check your BLOG....I laugh at the birthday cake! Mark really should go to the manager and get his money back!
Chelsea...another message from me! Thank you so much for your sweet Birthday Call to me today. I'm happy we got home from the temple in time for me to talk with you for two minutes. You made my day Special. I love you very much, pretty girl!
Chelsea! I didn't know you had a blog until last night! I hope you had a fun birthday despite the retarded cake. Love ya!
Chelsea, how do you like your job at Kneaders? If they won't let you eat a sandwich there (they should), call me up and I will bring you one...so you get dinner, ok? Love you!
Post a Comment