I guess I should be writing this after Thanksgiving, but I have had to reflect on what I am truly grateful for this week. Tuesday night, when the president was re-elected, I was angry. I don't like that I tend to react before I think about what I am feeling or doing or saying. I have come to accept, though, that that is something I really need to work on. Weston knows me well enough now that he lets me have my moments then waits for my apology for being crazy. I freaked out after the president won and I wish I hadn't. I said many things I shouldn't have and I was also angry that my husband wasn't reacting like I was. I kept asking him why he wasn't upset and he said he was, but didn't want to let it out or else he would get even more angry. I wish I was more like Weston. He is my inspiration to be a better person. I know that our country is not going to fall apart even if it isn't being run the way I would like it to be. I know that I still have my family, my home, and the Gospel. After a night of rest I said our usual family prayer in the morning while Weston slept. I realized that it was not Heavenly Father's will for Mitt Romney to win the presidency. We prayed multiple times that Mitt Romney would win if it be His will. Well, he didn't win. I know that this world needs to get a lot worse before it will get any better. So, these are just a few things I am truly grateful for:
1. A loving husband who accepts all my flaws and inspires me to be better.
2. A loving family that cares so much about us.
3. Wonderful in laws. I really have the best in laws anyone could ask for and I love them.
4. The Gospel and the temple which gives me a refuge from the world
5. A country that allows me the freedom to worship how I wish
6. A roof over our heads and food in our cupboards.
7. A job that allows us to be comfortable and provides a way for Weston to go to school debt free.
8. A healthy body that allows me to wake up each day and live my life to the fullest.
There are so many other things to be grateful for. I keep thinking about the twelth Article of Faith and how no matter who is President we need to respect that office. We live in a democracy and the majority of people voted for him and I need to accept that and move on. I need to work on not being crazy too :)
Friday, November 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Chelsea, you are so funny. I love you!!
Love, Mom
Chelsea, you are so funny. I love you!!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment