High Desert Collision is the automotive repair company that had my car. I would call every week since I got in my accident and ask how the repairs were coming along. They would lie and tell me another week or two, or just one more part. I finally had Pop start calling and ask them about my car, about a month ago. They would lie to him as well about how soon my car would be done. He talked to Bill from the shop one time and told him that he thought him and Junior (the owner) were liars and we were going to have to get our lawyer involved. Bill told Pop to do what he needed to do, so Pop also told him he was going to make fliers about how horrible they have been and that they were both liars. Bill then told Pop to F*@! off! Seriously! I was like "Are you SERIOUS?" I started crying again because I didn't know when I was going to get my car back or how. Then, last week when I was supposed to go pick up my car, they told me that all I needed was a paper of Guarantee from Traveler's insurance and a copy of the last check that would be in the mail. My insurance agent did that for them and we were ready to drive down to Barstow. We were going to get a rental car to drive down there and right before we went High Desert Collision called me. They said that the Guarantee was no longer good enough and that we could not get the car until the check had arrived. Again another cry fest.
I wrote a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and the Bureau of Automotive Repair in California. Bill from the BAR called me last week and let me know he was handling my case and was going down to Barstow to check on my car. He checked out my car on Monday and called to let me know I would be able to pick up the car even though HDC did not have the check yet. I think he may have persuaded them somehow, or threatened I hope.
Tuesday, Pop got a rental car so we could drive down to Barstow on Wednesday. He told the guy at the rental place that he wanted something fun to drive around. So, we got a white convertible mustang! I think Pop was a little excited about it. We got to Barstow around 3:45 and talked to Bill at the shop. I signed the papers and we were off! I was really nervous driving my car home. I don't think I will be driving on any trips anytime soon.
I have cried more times than I can count when it comes to this whole experience. I felt like a nut case. It has been a whirlwind and I hope no one ever has to go through what I went through!
1 comment:
Wha?? Glad you have your car back, but 4 months!! (That happened when we were visiting!!) and what the h*@l is that guy doing telling my Papa to F off. Why I outta.....
Post a Comment