Courtney and I decided we needed a vacation weekend this summer. We both want to go to San Francisco, but since gas prices are so high and we don't know anyone that lives there, we decided on Disneyland instead. I called Aunt Leslie and she said it would be fine if we stayed at her house while we were down there. We left Friday night around 7:30 pm for Irvine. I drove the first half and Court drove the second half. I fell asleep and when I woke up we had missed our exit and ended up in Newport :) We always seem to get lost at least once when we go to California. We got to the house around midnight and went straight to bed because we were both so tired. The next morning we left for disneyland at 9 am. I told Court I think that is the earliest I have ever been to Disneyland. The weather was beautiful and in the seventies. The reason we wanted to go to Disneyland so much was to ride the new Nemo submarine ride. The line for the ride had at least an hour wait all day long so we waited until the firework show to get in line. It still took about an hour to get on the ride, we at least had fireworks to watch while we waited. We stayed at Disneyland for 13 hours and our feet hurt so bad by the end of the day. We got back to Uncle Mark and Aunt Leslie's around 11:30 pm and passed out. The next morning we went slept in until 10:30 am and headed to Newport Beach for some fun in the sun. Unfortunately the sun was not out until the last ten minutes we were there. We left Newport around 2 and on the way home got in a car accident because it was raining. It was a much needed weekend away and there is no one else I would have rather spent it with than Courtney. She is my best friend and soulmate. That may sound weird, but I know we were destined to be friends. She has a twin sister, but we always joke that I am their fraternal triplet. Thanks Court for a great weekend, love you boo!

Court and I
Teacup ride
Toon Town
We got soaked on splach mountain!
Sleeping Beauty's Castle
The Mickey lit up for the year of a million dreams
1 comment:
I am jealous. I miss the beach. Glad you got to relax and take a break.
Post a Comment